Thursday, April 23, 2009

Altair Ego

How do you get by without your trusty hoody? Answer is, you don't. Unfortunately, all my trusty hoodies are elsewhere, and I've been having to borrow some grody old one of Dear Younger Sibling's. But, I found a stack of polar fleece scraps in my room - left overs from making Valentine's Day dressing gowns for myself and Dear Significant Other a few years ago. So, I decided to patch something together. I stitched the scrappy bits together into larger pieces of fabric, then just traced the shape roughly off a nice hoody of DYS's. Whizz it all together on the machine and, hey presto! Snuggliness.

The credit for the idea for the long hood must go to DYS. I like it, it feels sort of neo-medieval. I've never played Assassin's Creed, but when I put it on I felt just faintly reminiscent of the promo art for it. I realise this doesn't come across in the photos. But trust me, from the effect from inside the hood is epic.




1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome! To me it is a mix of sonic the hedgehog with a hip young court jester!

    ReplyDelete