Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Aeria Gloris, Aeria Gloris

I love me some anime, yes indeed I do. In particular, I love me some Ghost in the Shell - both the movies and the 'Stand Alone Complex' serieses (is that even a word? I guess it is now!). Man, how awesome is the Major? She has purple hair and red eyes! And does philosophy! Srsly. I'd turn for her... Bateau is also one of my favourite anime characters ever, because (as my dear younger sibling so elegantly put it) 'he's like a great, big teddy bear made of biceps'. You can't doubt his tough-guy credentials, but there's more to him than just 'And now I will break stuff'.

So, with my recently rediscovered embroidery skills enthusiasm, I have set about making myself a wearable tribute to AWSUM. I copied the outlines from a pic from teh intertubes. It was considerably harder than I expected to do that. If you want my advice, avoid emboidering hands and guns, and especially avoid embroidering hands holding guns. Euch.

Here is Kusanagi on the lower front:



And Bateau's got my back:

I'm not sure if I'm completely happy with the eyes there... but I felt like they were sort of important for conveying his outline.

No comments:

Post a Comment